I took a screen printing crash course the other day taught by Alexia Bilyk, who was really nice and supportive. I went in with the 'ugh' and character designs done but wasn't planning on printing anything specific.
I drew the two patterns on vellum on the spot; one with an india ink marker and the other with a brush and ink. I'm used to making repeating patterns digitally so I had no idea how these would repeat properly until the screen was already burned and I was actually printing. I think it turned out alright. I messed up the staggering of the green pattern on the big sheet so you can a strong diagonal line formed by the repetition.